Becoming an HCCU member is easy! A savings account begins your credit union membership. There are no membership or monthly maintenance fees; simply maintain good standing with the credit union. Members are not responsible for maintaining a minimum balance in the required membership savings account. The required minimum balance that must be held in savings for membership (Par Value) is $1, and will be paid by Health Center Credit Union.
By opening your initial membership account, you are eligible to use all of our other products and services, as well as earn a return on your savings. Please click here to go directly to our membership page to find out how you can qualify to become a member.
- Quarterly Dividends Based on the Regular Share Savings Tier
- Quarterly Statements
- 1 Free Withdrawal per Month
- Free Online Banking and PAL Voice Response
- Payroll Deduction and Direct Deposit
- Membership-Sharing Privileges with Your Family
- Other Benefits Include: Free Coin Machines, Car Buying Services, & Identity Theft Services
Back To Top
Share Draft / Checking
What's better than FREE Checking? Kasasa Checking! With each FREE Kasasa checking account you'll get refunds on ATM fees nationwide*, and earn the rewards you want. We have three different Kasasa Checking Accounts - find the one that's right for you.
Free Kasasa Cash: Designed for those who prefer earning dividends, and keep a higher balance in their checking account.
Free Kasasa Cash Back: For frequent Debit Card users who want cash back on daily purchases..
- Completely free checking that pays you really high interest
- Get cash when you need it with refunds on ATMs nations wide*
- Free online and mobile banking so you can bank anywhere
Free Kasasa Tunes: Designed for those tech savvy members who could really use refunds on their iTunes®, Amazon®, and Google Play™ purchases.
- Free checking that pays cash back on debit card purchases*
- Get more when you spend on everyday buys like groceries
- No minimum balance to earn rewards and no monthly fee
Fresh Start: For those who have had trouble managing their accounts in the past.
- Free checking that reimburses you for digital downloads*
- For iTunes®, Amazon®, & Google Play™ purchases
- Stay moving with your tunes - and free on-the-go services
There is no minimum balance required, and a dividend is paid on the average daily balance of this account equal to Share Draft Tier 2. There is a Monthly Service Charge associated with this account, and a hold on funds may be required with prior charge off activity.
All Checking Accounts Include:
All fees and minimum balance requirements can be found on our fee disclosure statement.
- Free Visa Check Card
- Free Online Banking & Bill Pay
- E-Statements, and E-Notices.
- Personal Access Voice Response Line (PAL).
- No per check fee
- Overdraft Protection - optional
To reorder checks through Deluxe please click here.
Checking Account Coach
This interactive guide coaches you in managing your checking account. Simply click on the home icon to get started!
Back To Top
Mistakes happen. If you overdraw your account, we can help. Apply for an overdraft line of credit and avoid non-sufficient funds fees. Otherwise, for a small fee HCCU will automatically transfer funds from your savings to cover the expense.
For a copy of the fee schedule or to apply for an overdraft line of credit, please see a credit union representative.
Back To Top
Overdraft Privilege helps protect you against having your items returned in the event of an inadvertent overdraft of your account by giving you a reserve for emergencies or unexpected situations. There is no fee for having this privilege on your account; you are only charged if you overdraw your account. You do not have Overdraft Privilege on your account until you receive written confirmation from us that it has been added to your account.
Here is how Overdraft Privilege works for you. Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit. However, if you overdraw your account, we have the discretion to pay the overdraft, subject to the limit of your Overdraft Privilege.
For example, suppose you do not have Overdraft Privilege and your account balance is $50. If you have a debit item for $100, HCCU will charge your account a fee (currently $35) for having an item with insufficient funds, and will then return the item if adequate funds aren’t available. In most cases, the establishment where you made the transaction will require you to pay for the item and will normally charge you a fee (usually around $30-$40) for writing an NSF item. This means that you have now incurred two fees ($35 at HCCU and $30 at the merchant) for an item that wasn’t even paid!
However, if you had $500 of Overdraft Privilege, here is how the situation typically would have worked. When the item arrived at HCCU, we would pay the item and charge you the $35 fee for an overdraft transaction. The total charge to you would have been $35 compared to $35 PLUS $30 in merchant fees if you had not had Overdraft Privilege. Additionally, you avoid being added to any bad check lists on the check approval networks or with the merchant.
When you use your Overdraft Privilege you must remember to subtract the overdraft fee from your account balance. In the example above you would have subtracted $135 from your account: $100 (the amount of the check) plus $35 (the amount of the overdraft fee). Any additional items that come in while your account has a negative balance will also be charged the NSF fee of $35 per item. It is important to record these fees. The next deposit that you make will bring your balance to the amount of the deposit minus the amount you were overdrawn (including any overdraft fees).
ATM machine receipts, and other ways in which you can get available balance information, will show only your ledger balance without the Overdraft Privilege included. However, you will be able to withdraw funds from the ATM and have transactions approved for ATM and debit card transactions, even though it will overdraw your account if you have given us prior consent. You must opt in to payment of overdrafts on these items on your consumer account. You will be charged the overdraft fee of $35 associated with these transactions.
What if I want Health Center Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts for which an Overdraft fee will be assessed on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you may do one of the following:
- Call us at 706-434-1600, or
- Download the Opt-In Agreement and either
- present it at a branch
- mail it to: 1424 Walton Way Augusta, GA 30901
- fax it to 706-434-1625
- scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Understanding Uncollected Funds
- If you deposit to your account and are informed that a HOLD will be placed on some of the funds deposited, those funds are NOT available for you to withdraw until the date indicated on your notice.
- If an item is presented against held funds and you have Overdraft Privilege on your account, you will be charged a negative funds fee of $35 to pay the item even though you have a positive ledger balance in your account.
- For example: You have $100 in your checking account and deposit a $700 check on which we place a $500 hold ($200 is available to you immediately) for 5 days. Although you have a ledger balance of $800, only $300 is “available” for checks or other debits to be paid.
- If you have a $500 Overdraft Privilege in the example above, you have available to you $800 to pay debit items. However, you will be charged a $35 fee for any debits paid against your account in excess of the $300 shown above as “available”.
Points to Remember about Overdraft Privilege
- Every debit item on an overdrawn account will be charged an OD fee of $35.
- You must promptly repay the amount of the overdraft and any overdraft fees.
- Your Overdraft Privilege will not be included as part of your available balance at an ATM
- You must bring your account to a positive balance within 35 days or the Overdraft Privilege will be removed from your account.
- You do not have Overdraft Privilege until you receive a letter telling you that it has been put on your account. New accounts must be open at least 60 days in good standing before Overdraft Privlege will be applied to the account.
- You must opt in to payment of overdrafts for ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
Overdraft Privilege Terms and Conditions
You must maintain your account in good standing, which includes at least:
- Continuing to make regular deposits to your account within each thirty-five (35) day period,
- Bringing your account balance to a positive balance within each thirty-five (35) day period;
- You are not in default on any loan or other obligation to HCCU; and
- You are not subject to any legal or administrative order or levy against your account with us.
Back To Top
VISA® Check Card
Apply today for the HCCU Visa Check Card to make everyday purchasing easy! The card works as an ATM card, but offers added convenience of being able to use it virtually anywhere. Purchases are deducted from your checking account and receipts are given by the vendor for easy record keeping.
Your monthly checking statement lists every transaction, or you can view your transactions 24 hours a day via Online Banking. Please allow 2-3 days for the transaction to post to your account.
Your HCCU Check Card may be used with no service charges at any HCCU or SRP Federal Credit Union ATM. If you use an out-of-network ATM, HCCU will not charge you a service fee, but you will be responsible for the fees posted on the ATM.
Other benefits include:
- Maximum protection. If your card is lost or stolen, Visa's zero liability policy protects you from paying for unauthorized purchases.
- Those with joint checking accounts can each have an HCCU Visa Check Card accessing that account.
- The money is deducted from your checking account within 2-3 business days.
- Perfect for traveling! Visa is accepted worldwide. Use your card to make purchases in other countries safely and easily.
Point of Sales (POS) fee of .50 cents will be charged if you select "debit" and enter your PIN at a merchant terminal. No fee will be charged if you select "credit" and sign for the purchase. The credit option provides our members with the charge back rights available through VISA. This fee does not apply to ATM withdrawals or E-Checking Accounts.
Back To Top
Certificate of Deposit
A CD is a safe, secure account that pays a higher rate of dividends than a savings account. Now, with only a $500 minimum deposit, you will receive HCCU's competitive dividend yields based on the CD terms (3 - 60 months) that's right for you!
Dividend earnings are paid quarterly and can be distributed several ways:
Please visit our Rates page for a list of our CD & IRA Rates*.
- Deposited back into the CD account
- Deposited into the primary or secondary account
- Check issued on request
We now offer a Youth CD to our members ages 17 and under. This is a great way to start learning how to save at a young age.
Advantages of a Youth CD Include:
* These rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. After your certificate is opened, the dividend rate is fixed for the term. A penalty is imposed for early withdrawals. Fees could reduce the account earnings.
- $100 Minimum Opening Deposit
- Deposits will be accepted during the CD Term, which can also include Payroll Deduction Deposits
- Term of 12 months
- Automatic Renewal
- Same penalties as a regular CD apply
Back To Top
Get a jump start on saving for Christmas! Our Christmas Club account helps add to your Christmas cheer.
Earn money while saving for Christmas as this account pays you a dividend based on your Average Daily Balance equal to Regular Share Tier 2. You can make deposits at anytime to this account through payroll deduction, transfers or in-branch deposits.
In November, you will automatically receive the entire balance deposited into your Regular Share account just in time for the holiday shopping season. Early withdrawals are subject to a fee.
Back To Top
Saving for that big trip or a family vacation to the beach? You can put vacation dollars away as you see fit and withdraw the balance when vacation time comes around.
This account pays you a dividend based on your Average Daily Balance equal to Regular Share Tier 2. You can make deposits at anytime to this account through payroll deduction, transfers or in-branch deposits. You will receive one free withdrawal per year; any additional will be subject to a penalty.
Back To Top
Money Market Accounts are safe, secure and flexible accounts that earn a higher rate of return than a savings account. A $2,500 minimum opening deposit and minimum average daily balance of $2,500 is required to earn a dividend equal to the Money Market Share Tier 2. You will receive 12 free withdrawals per year, any additional are subject to fees and penalties.
You can also can make deposits through payroll deduction and direct deposit.
Back To Top
Important Information About Opening a New Account:
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you:
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and any other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also retain a copy of your driver's license number or other identifying objects.